Alistar headbutt

• Did they take away the stun when you headbutt into a wall with Alistar? Cause I just played a game and it didnt stun once. He feels like a completely different champ almost. :/
  • When I fixed up tenacity, I also went through all of the knockbacks and knockups to make them consistent.

Alistar's "headbutt into a wall" not clearing the temporary stun was the only one left from this category of bugs that had been fixed a while back. We discussed it briefly and ended up removing it, since Alistar still had his Q+W combo.

That said, I thought this wasn't going in until next patch. Thanks for the heads up, I'll investigate.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Battledogg45 View Post
    o: Thanks for the reply!

Sucks that you guys are getting rid of it. Takes a bunch out of his ability in longer fights/trades bot. Feels like it takes away the reward of proper positioning on his W.
    </td></tr></table>
    If it turns out that Alistar is a problem, we can give power back in some form, but I would defer to the live design team on this.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Frozen World View Post
    There was a thread about how Jarvan's knockup duration was halved. I played a match with him and noticed it as well. Could you respond about this?
    </td></tr></table>
    I'm looking at Jarvan IV and it says here his knockup should be a 0.75 sec one.

... and in the spell data it is 0.5 sec knockup.

This is entirely my fault. I apologize. I'll get it fixed for the next patch.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Battledogg45 View Post
    Alright. Thank you for responding. =D
    </td></tr></table>
    I'm happy to help. I rebuilt all of the knockbacks and knockups in the game in late December. It's not all bugs though: If you get knocked up while running away from the enemy, the game should no longer forget your move command part of the time.

Exceptions to this are huge pull-towards and flings, like Singed, Thresh and Blitzcrank.

If you find more bugs, please start a thread and let me know!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
    Speaking of knockups, in this video, jarvan's knockup seems to knock katarina a little to the side. Since it's on the PBE I figured it might not be worth a new thread, just wondering what might be causing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7vv4UvEWwE
    </td></tr></table>
    Didn't Jarvan's Q knock them to the side before?

I'm seeing a 75 unit lateral knockback with a 0.75 upwards knockup.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Glork View Post
    Hey Xelnath,

Apologies if this has been asked/answered already but I'm checking out this thread on my phone on lunch. Did Poppy's Heroic Charge get similarly nerfed? She's already little more than a niche character...

Also, could you make sure that the Headbutt tooltip gets updated or made more clear?

Thanks!

Edit: fixed name. Is it sad that my phone autocorrects to "Xerath"? :x
    </td></tr></table>
    Spells which intentionally stun upon hitting a wall (Vayne's Impale, Poppy Charge) should not be affected by this change.

It also looks like Lulu R was unintentionally buffed by the same amount Jarvan IV was accidentally nerfed.

I choose to believe that Lulu and J4 got into a fight over my spreadsheet one night, late at Riot HQ and Lulu stole his powers.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4thEDITION View Post
    Please give an ETA for when the fix would be. Especially for Jarvan players, the E-Q knockup is a core in lane harass. If you were to lower the duration of the knock-up, there is no way for him to trade in any way because they recover too quickly and whack you in addition to minions pummeling you.
    </td></tr></table>
    I just commited a fix for both J4's Q knockup being too weak and Lulu's R knockaway being too strong.

We'll need some QA time to verify it, then the release team will need to decide if/when it goes live. When I hear more, I'll update you.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gandaallf View Post
    So you didnt check information to see it will be a problem? This was one of the 2 things why Alistar was even picked at all...now you will have another month to see that no1 is playing him? Great job (irony!!!)
    </td></tr></table>
    Hey, I totally understand why you're upset with this. It wasn't intended to be left out of the patch notes, I thought it was going in next patch, not this one. My bad, and I apologize.

Because this patch happened on a Friday, players are just now discovering these changes and most of the teams are at home relaxing after a stressful patch week.

We will probably put a half second stun back on the W, but I defer to Statikk and Geeves if they want to do something more drastic, as they are the experts in this area.