Does anyone at Riot have a PHD?

• I'm about to spend what seems like forever in school getting a Doctorate in Physical Therapy, and was wondering if anyone there has spent that whole time getting their degree.

Bait: Ironstylus, Morello, riotderivative, griftix, phreak.
  • Yes, we have several PhDs. I work with 4 PhDs on my team. Lyte and Davin also have PhDs.

I am still finishing my PhD, and yes, it has gone on forever but that is because I chose to work at the same time.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by lmplication View Post
    Depending on the amount of debt you're in, it's doable. I am currently working on a PhD and getting paid peanuts while doing so working for my university as seems to be customary but I am able to maintain a home, car, fiance, and other living expenses while doing it.

I didn't have student loan or credit card debt from my BS/MS degrees since I can manage money and live on a budget, but if you can't or have loads of debt, then don't.
    </td></tr></table>
    Most PhD programs will fund a good portion of your education, if not all of it. In return, you serve as a TA, researcher, or homework grader. My first 5 years I was fully funded. I am just now being forced to pay. I am hoping the big lump of money to get absolutely nothing in return (I have to register, but not take any classes) will force me to finish ;-).
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by lmplication View Post
    I currently am a TA and do research, so oh yeah, they are funding a lot of it. I just meant I don't have much money to live off of after paying the mandatory fees (they cover tuition), bills, and living expenses. I guess that's the benefit of the PhD though, you eventually get paid a lot more while you learn to live "poor" for a few years...

And to get absolutely nothing in return? You get to be Dr. So-and-so and typically that means more money (depending on company, etc).... The title is enough for me!
    </td></tr></table>
    Yes, but I am talking about THIS term. It is much less painful to pay early on and take a full load of courses than to pay later on to take 0 units. ;-)