@Lyte Honor Question

• First of all, let me start by saying I started playing on Christmas and i really love the game. I think there may be a mistake in the honor system as i was awarded the Mentor ribbon. I already had the Teammate ribbon which i took great pride in, but since i am still learning more and more about the game every day, i'm not sure if I am deserving of the Mentor ribbon, there are still champions I haven't played, and my skill level is probably extremely low compared to an average player. Thank you in advance for any Riot employee or community member that chooses to respond.Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you wish to give me any helpful advice, not just about this question, but about League in general, feel free to do so. Have fun, and may you always do well in anything you attempt.

-The Plague
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by theplague1369 View Post
    First of all, let me start by saying I started playing on Christmas and i really love the game. I think there may be a mistake in the honor system as i was awarded the Mentor ribbon. I already had the Teammate ribbon which i took great pride in, but since i am still learning more and more about the game every day, i'm not sure if I am deserving of the Mentor ribbon, there are still champions I haven't played, and my skill level is probably extremely low compared to an average player. Thank you in advance for any Riot employee or community member that chooses to respond.Thank you for taking the time to read this, and if you wish to give me any helpful advice, not just about this question, but about League in general, feel free to do so. Have fun, and may you always do well in anything you attempt.

-The Plague
    </td></tr></table>
    I don't feel like this is a mistake. You don't have to be the most experienced player in the world or a pro player to be a mentor.

Level 20s have enough knowledge to teach Level 1s some basics about the game. Level 30 Bronze players still have knowledge to share with Level 15s. Almost everyone in the game can be an effective mentor for someone else in the game.

If players are enjoying their matches with you and feel like they are learning from you and awarded you a Mentor Badge, all I can say is "Keep it up!"