Loss of Control Indicators

• Tell me what you think of the new Loss of Control UI.

If you haven't seen it yet, open your interface options and check "Show Loss of Control Bars".

When you are stunned, you should see a white bar under your health frame, which shows how much time is left on the longest CC on you. An Icon should show what kind of CC it is.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by BooleanCube View Post
    Out of curiosity, why was purple chosen as the color for Stunned? It's not the first thing I think of with my video game experience.
    The first two colors I think of are Gray and Orange. I don't know where or when the orange association was made, but it seems stronger than purple (which is more closely associated with Fear/Flee, even Silence which is strongest associated with White for the chat bubble)
    </td></tr></table>
    Grey blended too closely with the white bar. Orange was used for a couple other options that didn't really make it.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by NinjaCalibur View Post
    Which one of the many upon many that are stacked all over this website and many others? No offense to Riot or anything, but all their updates and news info is fairly scattered all over and not well placed in a more orderly fashion.
    I'm a guy who has spent a great deal of time around forums since the dawn of their existence. And even I find myself jumbled and lost in these forums from time to time. Especially when it comes to news and updates.
    I read what I can where I can fathom to find it.
    </td></tr></table>
    This wasn't ninja's fault, I edited my original post after he asked the question.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by OMGWTFROTFLBBQ View Post
    So if a team stacks CC on a target, the white bar shows the latest CC applied at the time?
    </td></tr></table>
    It shows the longest remaining "hard" CC first. Then silence, root, exhaust, etc.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Warrikon View Post
    Were you the person who did the change on the pbe (i think it came last patch) with the option to make it so you would not automatically target things?

I really like that!!!

i'll check this later tonight ^_^
    </td></tr></table>

That was my team, but the charming and sophisticated RiotMaddog handled all of the details.
  • That reminds me that I need to connect the loss of control screen flash to the damage one, so disabling one disables both.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by xKILL10NAIREx View Post
    Sometimes it can look quite good for example taric's stun or thresh q's, but sometimes I can't really tell on what cc I am (obviously looking at champion I know what cc) by just looking at colors and icon I can't tell.
    </td></tr></table>
    Which ones do you have problems with?
  • That space is not actually available. If you have a certain kind of keyboard, that space is filled up with a checkbox.

The entire UI area is actually filled up with dynamic options.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pessimist View Post
    can we make a spot for it in the config.ini please?

i really don't want the white flashes to be tied in with the red damage flashes.
    </td></tr></table>
    Okay, done, if you set:
    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> [LossOfControl]
    LossOfControlEnabled=1
    ScreenEdge=0 </td></tr></table>
    It will keep the bars enabled and disable the screen edge.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhackedRak View Post
    Just tested them, they're amazing.

They add so many cues to laning and teamfighting, it just makes playing the game much easier. I feel as though I have a rhythm and method to poking as Lulu that I never had before. There was a level of uncertainty that allowed for hesitation without this feature, and now knowing exactly the right thing to do immediately in the heat of the moment is simple and becomes like clockwork.

With something like Lulu's slow, I now know if I will be able to get an extra auto-attack off or not by simply watching the slow wear off and if I still haven't reached him by then, back off immediately, whereas normally I probably would have kited myself a for a split second and got counter harassed for no extra auto.

Please push this out as soon as possible, because I don't think I can go back to not having it.

However, pushing this out will make the buffered input canceling bug more obvious and frustrating when it occurs. Xelnath you seem like a dev who works on gameplay, have you seen the bug I'm talking about? I posted a bug report with lots of videos
    </td></tr></table>
    Riot Rayanami is looking into this issue. It's very complex, so we're not sure if we can even solve it.