What is /equalize?

• I've been running some development playtests on the PBE recently. Something I noticed is that while a lot of the test games start out really solidly, they occasionally snowball into stompfests.

This isn't particularly helpful for testing new features, so I am adding the /equalize command to let players on the PBE "catch up" the struggling team's gold and XP to their current values. This means if you're having a good match, but lose a couple key teamfights, you can help us out by using /equalize.

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    /equalize is now enabled on the PBE right now and will grant gold and XP to the losing team.
    </td></tr></table>
    I'll let you guys know when I've worked all of the kinks out of the /equalize system and you can help us make our tests even better.

p.s. I've noticed a few of you guys throw around the idea of allowing it in custom games on live. That's not a bad idea... but it needs a lot more work first.
  • Only the winning team can launch the equalize vote.
  • 4/1 right now.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Dellingar View Post
    Is this what is causing the problem with the chat?
    </td></tr></table>
    No, there's something else going on with that.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by OMGWTFROTFLBBQ View Post
    When going through the /equalize vote can we take a look to the overall gold advantage before actually voting in the opposing team's favor? If it's only a small gold advantage it doesn't need equalization, on the other hand a 2:1 gold advantage might warrant a vote.
    </td></tr></table>
    Done.
  • Probably not. It would lead to a lot of weird/defunct games.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by XenGaming View Post
    For knowledge's sake (I like understanding as many system's as possible so I can better explain them to other summoners), how high of a lead would the winning team have now with the tweaks once this goes active?

Will it indeed be a snowball fest requirement (2X losing teams average); or will a flat gold advantage be taken into account?

Side note: This is AWESOME. Thanks again to all you guys at Riot working to make the PBE a better place for us all.
    Steadily the atmosphere is improving, and I don't think you guys hear it enough!

Lastly while I'm here anyways, are new "pings" something you guys can discuss? Or is that still just a leaked rumor that you folks would prefer to not comment on?
    </td></tr></table>
    The version you get next will have *no* limits on it.

I intend to add a 10% gold requirement and at least +2 levels.
  • Only the winning team can activate it.
  • Equalize is now enabled on the PBE.

It doesn't equalize towers yet, but should help a lot in testing.