Man... Sion's model is terrible.

• Just got out of a custom cause I wanted to troll around with ravenous hydra on AD sion. Zoomed in on his model and I was like "wtf... when did I turn my character detail on low"

It was on highest.

Yep. Looked at the Graves, Wukong, Xin bots and they just... look good. Crisp colors, good facial features, don't look that out of place in today's games' graphics. Not the best, but certainly not bad at all.

Sion literally looks like he's from a different game. His colors are all blurry and opaque, his axe is a single shade of red. You can't see his facial features at all, and he looks goofy hobbling around with his arms straight up and down and that terrible skeleton arm that is basically his recolored other arm.

I know Sivir is bad too guys. But seriously... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Sion needs it more. Plus his kit is just awkward. But lets leave his kit out of this.

Go forth. Turn on your character quality settings on highest and compare Sion to any other champion. See for yourself.

Roit rework pls.
  • Sion definitely needs some love. What would your expectation for an update be? His current (typical) gameplay doesn't really lend itself to 'beefy guy with axe'. Do you think we'd need to change the kit or visuals in order to get something cohesive, or would you be satisfied with a straight improvement of his looks with his current abilities?
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Krystalmyth View Post
    I think Sion should definitely look a bit different~ more undead. Actually... Ames, to be honest, I'm "fairly" new at the game, since about Summer '12.... and I had no idea Sion was undead until very recently.

Like someone said that Sion has that hidden ability with Leona because of Plants vs Zombies. I went, Sion is a zombie? He doesn't look anything like a Zombie really... I thought he was just a big demon of some sort...

I would definitely try to bring out the more undead aspects of him, even make him a bit lankier. KEEP the axe though.
    </td></tr></table>
    Hm. Okay- good feedback! I wonder if the problem is that he's very dated, so it's hard to make that connection? Or is it just that the original theme wasn't executed very well?

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by SergeantHam View Post
    Sion needs a rework in both aspects. I mean if he is a mage WHERE IS HIS HAT?
    </td></tr></table>
    It's in the shop. You have to buy it first. What kind of game do you think this is, giving out free hats?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kiwibonga View Post
    Way ahead of you
    Attachment 607138
    </td></tr></table>
    Well, I have nothing further to contribute here.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by CiaphasCainX View Post
    My issue with Sion is that his whole.. Everything has no sense of unity. Or theming. Or like.. Anything. Allow me to elaborate in the hopes that Ames reads this and it helps him in some way, because his avatar is Jayce and that automatically makes him awesome. Here's some things i've observed about Sion:

1) Sion looks nothing like a zombie. Or any kind of undead. At all. I understand Riot's choice on direction is rather unconventional undead as Morello once stated on the topic of Hecarim and Mordekaiser during the TT reboot, but I mean.. What the heck is Sion supposed to be? He looks like a very awkward, green version of Dr Mundo. Only without the good lines. There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, but there needs to be a commitment one way or another towards his theme. Either he's the undead warrior he's supposed to be, and he should look like it, or he's not and he needs a heavy visual change. Personally, I'd rather see the Zombie-ness emphasized, as its a rather uncommon archetype in league right now.

2) His ability visuals are.. Lackluster at best and downright awkward and confusing at worst. His stun is a red blob. His shield is a weird version of Jarvan's Golden Aegis. Why are this abilities red? Is there some reason for that? Why do none of his abilities not play graphically off either his undead nature or his axe? Why not a phantom that stuns people, or a swirling shroud of souls for a shield?

3) And his ultimate. Now, this has one problem. It needs to be more visual.. Present. As an opponent, half the time i'm not even sure he's using the damn thing in the chaos of a fight, and that's downright irritating. When i'm playing Sion, my ultimate doesn't really have that inspiring gravitas that most ultimates have. When you Darius dunk you see the slam, when you Kayle ult there's a glimmering golden orb, all of that. Even Sivir has a pulsing aura. Sion? Little swirly baby ghosts.

Don't know if this helps any Ames, but I hope it does.

EDIT: Oh and one last thing. His axe. For the love of all that is holy, give his axe more impact. Look at Darius or Olaf. They've got the right of it. Darius' axe swings both look and feel heavy and powerful given the giant nature of his weapon. Olafs feel very much like a quick set of chops repeatedly, as befits the small nature of his waraxes and fighting style. Sion? He just kinda.. Whacks away at people. Awkwardly. That could use some work.
    </td></tr></table>
    This is what I got from that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZb8Mzct1Rc

(I kid, good points)
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
    I love sion, I think he is perfect the way he is. No one who plays sion wants the rework.

In a world where riot is trying to make everyone a champion, why are they making sion into a champion for everyone?
    </td></tr></table>
    No idea what, if anything, we'd do to his kit or visuals if we were working on him. I was just curious what it was in particular that people feel is off about Sion. For some, it's age of model, for others it's how his look sells his theme, and so on.

Pretty good response and best of all everyone stayed constructive, which makes keeping up with these threads a pleasure.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> No idea what, if anything, we'd do to his kit or visuals if we were working on him. </td></tr></table>
    RiotAmes, come to my desk, I'll show you some stuff....
  • ^ lol. No but for real. The relaunch team is very aware of Sion. I can't wait for you guys to see what we have in store.