Concern about Inactivty rating Decay for Season 3

• Hello,

I've always been a really on and off player, for any game, really. At times, I find myself playing a game nonstop for months at a time and then not touching it for months (usually due to burnout). Right now, I'm in one of my break phases from League. I can't bring myself to even play a normal when I log in. If I do play, I'll just mess around in a custom game for a few minutes or play an ARAM.

Right now, in ranked, I don't have any elo decay because I"m below 1400, and I'm fine with this. I wouldn't like to be feel pressured to continue to play a game that I need a break from.

Anyway, here's my question: Is there a certain point where you will not continue to decay LPs? I know that the elo system will still exist, but remain hidden, so will the decay only affect players who are in higher rated leagues?

Edit:

Also, will the decay be limited to LPs or will your mmr/elo decay as well?
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Velerean View Post
    Hello,

I've always been a really on and off player, for any game, really. At times, I find myself playing a game nonstop for months at a time and then not touching it for months (usually due to burnout). Right now, I'm in one of my break phases from League. I can't bring myself to even play a normal when I log in. If I do play, I'll just mess around in a custom game for a few minutes or play an ARAM.

Right now, in ranked, I don't have any elo decay because I"m below 1400, and I'm fine with this. I wouldn't like to be feel pressured to continue to play a game that I need a break from.

Anyway, here's my question: Is there a certain point where you will not continue to decay LPs? I know that the elo system will still exist, but remain hidden, so will the decay only affect players who are in higher rated leagues?

Edit:

Also, will the decay be limited to LPs or will your mmr/elo decay as well?
    </td></tr></table>
    LP decay kicks in after 28 days and then every 7 days after that. While you're inactive, you're hidden from the ladder view for everyone except yourself. The amount of LP that you lose per decay period scales based on the tier that you're in:

Bronze - 0
    Silver - 10
    Gold - 25
    Platinum - 35
    Diamond - 50

So Bronze players don't actually lose LP over time, although they'll still be hidden while inactive.

Your MMR will not decay in the new system, although we have eventual plans to make it decay slightly if you haven't been playing League and then given back to you as you start playing again. This is to account for the fact that you're probably rusty but once you shake that off you'll be as good as you were before.