is cassiopeia's twin fang cooldown really .5s?

• (poisoned condition is in effect)

I feel like the cooldown is really like 1s because the animation also has to go through.
  • I can promise you that game play does not respond to animations, it's the other way around. If there is a delay, it has to do with your latency.
  • Yes, spells do have cast times, and cast frames, but it doesn't wait on the animation. This is set by the designers, and the animations are made to fit it, and they play independently.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Goth Skunk View Post
    It goes on its regular 5 second cooldown once the missile is launched. But once it hits a poisoned target, the cooldown immediately refreshes to 0.5 and continues.

Note that Twin Fang can also make use of the poison effects from both Singed and Teemo, but not Shaco.
    </td></tr></table>
    This sounds like what I experience as well. Well put.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
    I know you are not a designer, but small question regarding animations and their tie to gameplay, if possible.

Why is it that items such as Tear of the Goddess can be stacked by casting the spell and doing a sort of animation cancel-- a good example being Ryze. If you try to cast a spell, you get the tear stack, but if the target dies your spell does not go on cooldown and you spend no mana.

Do you know why this is?
    </td></tr></table>
    Probably the way the item trigger is setup. When you say animation cancel, that's actually a spell cancel. The animations keep up with gameplay, it doesn't drive gameplay. You are cancelling the spell, and that causes the animation to stop.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
    So basically, the order is; Spell cast, Animation begins, tear registers and gets charge, missile flies, spell goes on CD. So if the animation/spell is cancelled by losing the target, you keep your spell/mana.

Okay, thanks.
    </td></tr></table>
    That seems to fit the behavior that was described.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by VegaTDM View Post
    You are a ****ing liar. .....

Waiting on response.
    </td></tr></table>
    Is that how you address people when you want something from them?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aavak View Post
    I don't like admin openly commenting on how latency blatantly affects people's gameplay. With dozens of threads with much support asking for Oceania servers (which have been ignored), it feels like a big f*** you to your Australian/New Zealand player base who have to suffer 200+ ping a majority of the time.
    </td></tr></table>
    Hello,

You called me an admin. I call myself a developer and a Rioter. Interacting with the community is one of the best parts about being a Rioter. This is the first time that I have had someone become upset when I have tried to give feedback about part of the game engine I am familiar with. Are you sure that you are upset with me saying that latency affects gameplay? I didn't know that was something that became true or false depending on if someone from Riot said it. We all play games, and all know that latency affects gameplay. If the server doesn't know you hit a button, it can't do anything with your input yet.

I'm sorry to hear about your latency problems that come from distance to servers, and I'm sorry to say I have no info about that. This thread is about Casseopia's twin fang.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by VegaTDM View Post
    Do you routinely lie to players to cover your ass? See my above post where phreak explains exactly what happened to Xerath because of an accident, that according to you is impossible to happen.

I demand justice and truth, not lies to keep the masses happy. Phreak explained what happened in detail, are you calling him a liar?
    </td></tr></table>
    Why are you being so aggressive with your post? Do you think there is only blatant lies to deceive the community for the glorification of the developers and triple cited sourced and verified proven facts? There are tons of things about League of Legends, and no one at Riot knows every single aspect about all of it. It is possible for someone to be misinformed without trying to lie to players. I'm happy to admit when I am wrong (partly because I think it gives the community a sort of "I know more than the devs" satisfaction, and I love to make players happy). I have no idea about the Xerath incident you are talking about, but I am sure that I have looked at the spell and animation code more frequently and more recently than Phreak, who has never seen it.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by SaltiestBallsNA View Post
    People will just complain about whatever they can to whoever they see as being of slightly higher authority than your average player, don't take it to heart. (Aussie player here, and while I don't like the ping I work with it)

Question about the Twin fang CD though: Seeing as the CD gets refreshed to 0.5s AFTER it hits a poisoned target, that means that in reality you can only cast it once every ~1.2 seconds, seeing as you have to factor in cast time, flight time and delay, right?
    </td></tr></table>
    Thank you for the kind words. I can assure you that I read and write all posts about me with a smile. I think our community is fantastic, and I feel fortunate that we are so encouraged to interact with everyone.

What you are saying about twin fang sounds correct. At the end of the day, designers playtest the champions, and if it plays the way the want, then it is correct and they check it in. I'm sure that these behaviors are intended and balanced for what they wanted to achieve at the time. If there is a problem then maybe it's with the wording of the tooltip? Anyway, I hope these posts have cleared up a few things about the ability.