This is why people don't like Griftrix's responses:

  • Here's an example to illustrate:

    I am arguing that oranges are better than apples.

    My argument is that even though apples have more sugar (which is yummy), oranges have better flavor, so I think oranges are just a better fruit.

    (Enter Griftrix)

    Griftrix: "Yeah but if you added enough sugar to apples, they would eventually become the best fruit of all!"

    End simulation.


    Hope this clears things up for you Griftrix.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by AAAND HES GONE View Post
    Here's an example to illustrate:

    I am arguing that oranges are better than apples.

    My argument is that even though apples have more sugar (which is yummy), oranges have better flavor, so I think oranges are just a better fruit.

    (Enter Griftrix)

    Griftrix: "Yeah but if you added enough sugar to apples, they would eventually become the best fruit of all!"

    End simulation.


    Hope this clears things up for you Griftrix.
    </td></tr></table>
    Seems legit. Pineapples already did this though.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Wolfynsong View Post
    From what I've seen of Griftrix, he seems fairly zealous with regard to Riot Games, and seems to play Devil's Advocate when Riot's design choices are questioned.

    I don't think he's disrespectful or rude at all, but I do think that people take it a bit worse than, say, Morello, who will either admit a problem or give a damn good reason as to why it works the way it does.

    However, as Griftrix says, he's not a game designer, so he can't take a position the way Morello can, because it's not in his jurisdiction within the company.

    I saw the thread earlier where Griftrix was accused of comparing oranges to apples, and I don't think his arguments were as unsound as you imply. They were purely theoretical, though, so of course they can't hold as much weight as when one of the actual designers walks in and says "this was what we were thinking."

    So in all, I think people are being a bit unfair and giving him a bad rap for being involved with the community.
    </td></tr></table>
    You pretty much got it here. I have no idea what's balanced or not balanced, or what design's intentions are, so I can't speak to those. But, there are so many discussions that are interesting to me on GD that I want to participate. I just present my limited knowledge and hope that people with more experience can fill out the gaps. So far I think it has worked well. I have seen some really great objective discussions on GD.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    Of course he'd only post in the circle jerk thread where everyone sucks his shlong and not here in the thread directly criticizing him.
    </td></tr></table>
    Your move Colonel J.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Whyumai View Post
    Griftrix is stronk with the straw man argument.

    he has learnt well from other Rioteers
    </td></tr></table>
    Usually my "straw man" arguments are meant to be hyperbole.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Colonel J View Post
    I'm sure you've been aware of this for a while. A long while. What are ya... Chicken?

    BAUKK BAUKK BAAAUUUUK!
    </td></tr></table>
    I don't understand what you are talking about.. What is "this" where you say "aware of this for a while."
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
    The dude just wants to give his opinion on things AS A PLAYER.

    I don't see threads about a million other posters who disagree with your opinions.

    He is not a designer, he is not part of the live team, or anything that has to do with balance.

    He writes code, he makes the animations possible, to an extent.

    Oh no, he shows some sort of personality? ****ing.. Just let the dude post his opinions. Yes, he works at Riot. That doesn't mean when someone has a problem with something they feel is not balanced and Grif says "Oh, well, I typically do this"

    That does NOT mean that when this is issue is looked over by the people who do spend every damn day trying to balance this hectic game see this issue and review it they say "Well, Grif said he does this to cope with that problem, or enemy laner, or whatever, so, it's good."

    He's just another player as far as I'm concerned. No offense, Grif. Don't get me wrong, I don't take what you say as any more or less important than Pendragon, Morello, Lyte, or any other popular reds. When I see a red post on something that is like.. An official post, a statement. Someone saying "I do this, I am responsible for this area of the game, and this is what we are doing and why we are doing it." Those are the only posts that I look at and say "this is Riot's stance on this, k".

    But when a red simply posts how they deal with a problem or their side of the arguement, it should NOT be taken as Riot's stance on it. These people do have personal opinions, not all are involved in all aspects of the games.

    Because so many people are so quick to assume that one Riot's statement represents Riot as a whole, is probably why so many do not post that often and simply read.

    Get some common sense.
    </td></tr></table>
    Well said. The part about live design just looking for Grift posts to figure out what to do with problems made me laugh out loud. You can ask the 2 people next to me if you don't believe me.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by tempname950 View Post
    Might it be best if you created a Non-riot account, and participated in them that way. I would think that would be the best way for all sorts of reds to be able to take a part in discussion that isn't pertaining to their job.
    </td></tr></table>
    That doesn't sound sneaky to you? I don't want to feel like I'm hiding from the community.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
    Grifftrix is a jerk cause he didn't watch my new cooking show and I'm selfish with the red posts
    </td></tr></table>
    I had it open to watch, but then I was working, and then I rebooted and lost it
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Qutse View Post
    The only answer I didn't like of his was this, and I paraphrase:

    Original Poster: Power Creep (blah blah blah)
    Giftrix: Aniva > Xerath /thread

    My face: o.O
    </td></tr></table>
    That was a direct response to someone who said that Xerath was out classed by Anivia. In a thread where people are saying champions are getting more power, I thought it was a relevant thing to highlight as a counter point.