Morello, why nerf my favorite champion?

  • Morello, why'd you nerf my favorite champion? Is it because you hate me? Or because you love the champion that counters my favorite champion? Or because you are evil? Or because hypothetical 800 elo players stomped you hypothetically with that champion in some game that I imagine happened, and will throw up as a straw man in this argument?

    I am not understanding, please explain. Also, I will only accept answers that implicate you as being a jerk who hates me and all fun, and will summarily ignore all valid game design arguments regardless of if they are BS 'persuasive arguments'. If you are lucky, I may make a spurious logically invalid response, otherwise, I'll just cast more ad hominems, like the idea that you don't understand and are out of touch.

    I'm sure you'll make your favorite argument, using your so-called 'facts and pro player opinions', stating that my champion is OP against another champion in the level 4-7 range, and that it's well documented in dozens of tournaments in the past month (for example, that my champion was the most picked and banned of all champions, and wins 100% of the time when picked in pro-tier games). Well, to that I say, there was this time where I totally played perfectly, but lost hard anyway, so you are wrong.

    Ok?

    Love,
    Zileas

    (seriously, there's actually a lot of great debate on this forum and we learn tons of stuff here every day from the forum posting part of the community, but uh, a few people around here do what I'm describing here, and I was having fun heckling morello on a thread, but it got closed, so here it is)
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by IMTOOJUICY View Post
    i guess Riot isn't the happy upbeat workplace that it portrays itself to be...
    </td></tr></table>
    Are you kidding? Of course we are having fun here. Eagerly awaiting humorous Morello response.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Tyrauk View Post
    You forgot to point out that this is the beginning of the end, and that everyone will hate this game now. Not only that, but because "everybody" hates the change, it obviously wasn't the correct one.

    You also forgot to claim that your anecdotal experiences completely undermine Morello's arguments.

    L2 logical fallacy, Zileas. Let me help you out: http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home
    </td></tr></table>
    oh yeah, will fix.
  • These nerfs were a SLAP IN THE FACE

    Y MORELLO

    Y
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
    Morello, why'd you nerf my favorite champion? Is it because you hate me? Or because you love the champion that counters my favorite champion? Or because you are evil? Or because hypothetical 800 elo players stomped you hypothetically with that champion in some game that I imagine happened, and will throw up as a straw man in this argument?

    I am not understanding, please explain. Also, I will only accept answers that implicate you as being a jerk who hates me and all fun, and will summarily ignore all valid game design arguments regardless of if they are BS 'persuasive arguments'. If you are lucky, I may make a spurious logically invalid response, otherwise, I'll just cast more ad hominems, like the idea that you don't understand and are out of touch.

    I'm sure you'll make your favorite argument, using your so-called 'facts and pro player opinions', stating that my champion is OP against another champion in the level 4-7 range, and that it's well documented in dozens of tournaments in the past month (for example, that my champion was the most picked and banned of all champions, and wins 100% of the time when picked in pro-tier games). Well, to that I say, there was this time where I totally played perfectly, but lost hard anyway, so you are wrong.

    Ok?

    Love,
    Zileas

    (seriously, there's actually a lot of great debate on this forum and we learn tons of stuff here every day from the forum posting part of the community, but uh, a few people around here do what I'm describing here, and I was having fun heckling morello on a thread, but it got closed, so here it is)
    </td></tr></table>
    Zileas,

    I have here your Riot Reform card. Upon close examination, I can see that you've been reported numerous times for the following:
    • Impersonating a Riot Employee
    • Intentional Sabotage of Perfectly Broken Game Mechanics
    • Questionable Relationships with Federal Law Enforcement Personel
    • Inciting a Time Traveller // Armored Bear War
    • Accessing the terminals of employees while their backs were turned for personal amusement.

    In addition to this, you have a history of forum trolling, a background in competitive esports (furthermore, this background is in a game owned by a direct competitor to Riot Games), and an association with a dark and murky den of very toxic players.

    In addition, you have a shady history of associating with d20 systems, such as Dungeons and Dragons and other counter-culture cult-creating conundrums.

    It is my best hope that we can help you to reform your ways and return to a good standing with Riot Games in the future.

    "They will not expect this!" - Kha'zix
  • Hey Zileas,

    I normally don't make it a habit to respond to toxic players such as yourself, but I feel the need to make an exception in this case.

    Not only do you have numerous reports on multiple accounts for offenses like "Intentional Trolling," "Verbal Abuse" ("your mom is bad at support"), "Negative Aptitude" and "Banning Volibear/Instalocking Zilean", your elo is 2.

    While we do value all our players' feedback, I can't trust your obvious lack of design experience and short time with our game (I didn't learn that "Tin VI" was a League until I looked you up) don't really qualify you to challenge the balance decisions made here.

    I want to give you some response because I know you're passionate about League, but you frankly have no ground to stand on. I have a team of live designers who are experts in game design (especially when compared with your own complete lack of gaming and industry experience) that take care of this stuff, and I trust them to do a good job. I can't very well validate that some Tin VI player named "Zileas420SmokaXx" wants them to overhaul their balance.

    - Morello
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Morello View Post
    Hey Zileas,

    I normally don't make it a habit to respond to toxic players such as yourself, but I feel the need to make an exception in this case.

    Not only do you have numerous reports on multiple accounts for offenses like "Intentional Trolling," "Verbal Abuse" ("your mom is bad at support"), "Negative Aptitude" and "Banning Volibear/Instalocking Zilean", your elo is 2.
    </td></tr></table>
    Dude, first of all, I can ban whatever champion I want when I'm team captain. How is that even relevant? Secondly, your Mom IS bad at support, she doesn't even play League of Legends. Lastly, it's not fair that you are critizing me for not putting up with newbs when you yourself doubtless have tons of reports all the time and somehow haven't been banned yet by your rigged tribunal. How do I know it's rigged? Because I imagine it to be so.

    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> While we do value all our players' feedback, I can't trust your obvious lack of design experience and short time with our game (I didn't learn that "Tin VI" was a League until I looked you up) don't really qualify you to challenge the balance decisions made here. </td></tr></table>
    Look, I just haven't had a lot of time to play lately. My friend Cliff tells me that I'm really solid at mid though. Also, I made a game in college, and it's only because of the total irrationality of the league seeding that I got seeded Tin instead of my proper rank of Diamond I.

    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> I want to give you some response because I know you're passionate about League, but you frankly have no ground to stand on. I have a team of live designers who are experts in game design (especially when compared with your own complete lack of gaming and industry experience) that take care of this stuff, and I trust them to do a good job. I can't very well validate that some Tin VI player named "Zileas420SmokaXx" wants them to overhaul their balance.
    - Morello </td></tr></table>
    Wow, what a total lack of disregard for your players. This must be part of your absurd anti-fun agenda and laws and so forth. I am totally emailing your boss about this. I bet he will fire you.

    - Zileas
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Zileas,

    I have here your Riot Reform card. Upon close examination, I can see that you've been reported numerous times for the following:
    • Impersonating a Riot Employee
    • Intentional Sabotage of Perfectly Broken Game Mechanics
    • Questionable Relationships with Federal Law Enforcement Personel
    • Inciting a Time Traveller // Armored Bear War
    • Accessing the terminals of employees while their backs were turned for personal amusement.

    In addition to this, you have a history of forum trolling, a background in competitive esports (furthermore, this background is in a game owned by a direct competitor to Riot Games), and an association with a dark and murky den of very toxic players.

    In addition, you have a shady history of associating with d20 systems, such as Dungeons and Dragons and other counter-culture cult-creating conundrums.

    It is my best hope that we can help you to reform your ways and return to a good standing with Riot Games in the future.

    "They will not expect this!" - Kha'zix
    </td></tr></table>
    Zileas did NOT incite the time traveler. He's just taking credit for it!
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Geeves View Post
    Zileas did NOT incite the time traveler. He's just taking credit for it!
    </td></tr></table>
    Was the NDA on time travel lifted? Why didn't anyone tell me?
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Saccharina View Post
    Morelo is anti-fun. Rework him.
    </td></tr></table>
    Working on it. We're really looking to increase the nuance by adding some special sauce. In the end we should see a sharp improvement in trolling capability which should really serve to separate the good Morello players from the great.