@Riot/Lyte i need help, dont want to get permad.

• So i came off of my 2 week ban...which i admittedly say i probally deserved, and I have a feeling im approaching a perma....

It just seems like... every game I come into the mentality of "man im just going to try and shrug off the jackasses"....and then sure enough..something happens...

Whether its the guy who goes 0-5 screaming NOOB JUNGLER WONT GANK NOOB NOOB, or the annoying duo queue that are just plain dbags.... I really dont know how to abstain from toxic behavior...

and the thing is... I dont feel like im being unreasonable..and by unreasonable i mean the things i say are not morally wrong.

I dont do personal attacks outside of maybe "your dumb".

I NEVER intent feed

I NEVER troll pick

and i will always fight it out with full effort until the game is over....but ... still i dont know i feel like im kind of in a bad spot.. and would like help because i do love htis game
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Cuddlybearmewmew View Post
    but why...what team based game tells people that if you want to play YOU SHOULDNT TALK....
    </td></tr></table>
    If you are being banned for the things you say in game, then I will openly say, you should stop chatting.

I can understand that you get frustrated and it causes you to lash out, but right now it's getting you in trouble. And since you've just gotten off a previous Tribunal Suspension you're already on the Tribunal's radar.

You're going to need to make changes to your toxic habits to avoid further tribunal suspensions.

The good news though, is that if it's really just chatting that's getting you in trouble then it's really easy to avoid future bans.

Just. Don't. Talk.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by YeIIow 13 View Post
    But then he'll get reported for no communication and get banned anyways.
    </td></tr></table>
    In all the cases I have reviewed (thousands and then some), I have never seen someone banned for "not communicating".

Communication takes many forms in our game. You don't simply have to chat. Our Ping system lets you tell people where to focus their attention from, and when you're going to withdraw.

And we have something even better on it's way on the PBE soon.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ZephyrDrake View Post
    and then you ask yourself... why have a chat function at all in the game when the solution to not get banned is to not use it
    </td></tr></table>

Not really. The question I ask myself is, why, of the millions of players that enjoy our game, why do a very small minority find themselves unable to control themselves when they use the chat feature?

Every day a majority of players chat away every day and never end up in the Tribunal.

But if you're within that minority of players who can't control themselves then it's probably a good idea to stop.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Excretus Maximus View Post
    Two months ago Lyte told someone to just not talk.

A month later they posted a reform card where they had 5 reports for Failure to Communicate and he got perma-banned for that last Tribunal case.

Awesome advice, Wookie.
    </td></tr></table>

Let's see the Reform Card, I have a pretty strong hunch that's not why he was banned.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stizunna View Post
    I get angry too when people play poorly or cry all game. I used to rage and argue back but it really doesn't get you anywhere. I got banned a couple times and haven't been banned since. Just don't say anything in chat and punch your monitor, wall, dog, girlfriend, or something. Just being positive in chat goes a long way even if you are raging irl.
    </td></tr></table>
    ಠ_ಠ

Let's uh... pump the breaks here. But you are on to something.

When I get annoyed/frustrated in game I just voice them out loud. Then I still get to have my word about the players in my game, but I don't demoralize my own team in the process or strengthen the resolve of my opponents. After all, my goal is to win.