@Zileas You should be happy.

  • Voli got picked a lot in LCS EU, nerf bat incoming.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
    If you are going to be a jerk, well, I'm going to strip you of your Wizardlock forum title. Oh wait, already did. Zing!
    </td></tr></table>
    Mission already accomplished. Applications to the 7th order of obsidian blackfire ebonstone dark Witchlords has gone up by 12,000%.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by ecstaSTEVE View Post
    i think i just realized that obsidian, *black*fire, ebony, and dark all reference black color/hue. did i do bad?
    </td></tr></table>
    Yes, it's sortof a parody of the over use of trope 'evil' adjectives in fantasy settings, and the fact that most of the use of these seems to be around the color black... so people pull out the thesaurus.

    I personally think red is a way more compelling evil color, but you get some cultural context issues globally since while it's the color of blood, it's the color of fortune also in many cultures.

    So uh, I think the best policy on evil wizards is to just make them a ripe bastard so everyone gets the point, regardless of what color adjectives are in their title.
  • What's up?

    Zileas has actually been VP for a while. He just needed a sufficient apocalyptic event to announce it.

    His feeble attempt at dissolving the 7th Order is just that.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by ecstaSTEVE View Post
    i wonder if wizards turn evil when they get enough power, or if they're always inherently evil. if the former, is there a threshold limit for power, in which above X = evil, below X = pure?

    these questions keep me up at night
    </td></tr></table>
    That's a fascinating question. My theory is based upon a statistical bias argument...

    So... an irrational belief in your own importance and capability are certainly one way to develop 'high motivation' and 'great focus'. These are a requirements to do big things in general, such as, being an immensely powerful wizard/sorceror/wizardlock whatever. Maybe it's just that megalomania trends you towards evil, so it's more just a bias in the average alignment of 'highly motivated, focused wizards' that results in this trope of powerful (megalomaniac) evil wizards.

    Or it could be that heroes need a foil, and evil wizards are a durable trope, a solid go-to as a writer. Who knows.
  • Probably some sort of European cultural ritual to show that one is a superior player by nerfing oneself and then still winning.

    Everyone knows armored bears are terrible. We do this in NA also, by doing stuff like all support, or AD mid annie.

    - Zileas
  • Correction, just Zileas goes AD mid Annie. The rest of us report him for trolling. (But not because of his champion pick)
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Correction, just Zileas goes AD mid Annie. The rest of us report him for trolling.
    </td></tr></table>
    If you are going to be a jerk, well, I'm going to strip you of your Wizardlock forum title. Oh wait, already did. Zing!
  • See, with open minded people like the gentleman above, we can create a sleep-free workforce, with infinitely enduring attention spans.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
    That's a fascinating question. My theory is based upon a statistical bias argument...

    So... an irrational belief in your own importance and capability are certainly one way to develop 'high motivation' and 'great focus'. These are a requirements to do big things in general, such as, being an immensely powerful wizard/sorceror/wizardlock whatever. Maybe it's just that megalomania trends you towards evil, so it's more just a bias in the average alignment of 'highly motivated, focused wizards' that results in this trope of powerful (megalomaniac) evil wizards.

    Or it could be that heroes need a foil, and evil wizards are a durable trope, a solid go-to as a writer. Who knows.
    </td></tr></table>
    I disagree. I believe that the villainous wizard trope grew from the fallacy that basically goes as follows:

    1) I cannot be smart.
    2) Anyone can fight.
    3) I can fight.
    4) I can be a warrior.
    5) I cannot improve my smarts, but I can improve my strength
    6) Therefore, few people can be smart and powerful, but anyone can kill a smart powerful guy

    Thus leading to the self-heroification of those who slew the cunning, clever and unpopular. When in truth, they were luddites who attacked that which they didn't understand.