I'm too indecisive to have a "go to" champion. Whenever I see my Match History start to fill up with the same champion, I feel the need to switch it up.
If I'm in an absolute panic though and have 2 seconds left to lock in and haven't decided yet, it's almost always Diana!
Only one person has said Leona T_T
- Leona's kit provides the highest level of stacking positive visual and auditory response of any champion I play regularly. I know when I use a skill effectively because the game pats me on the head every time I do, and each successful skill in her combo makes the next one feel even better.
- The rate of "frustration snowballing" is much lower for supports than ADCs. If I miss a CS as an ADC, I get frustrated which makes me more likely to miss the next CS. Based on the rate at which minions march into a lane, things can get out of control pretty quickly, and God help me if I also lose a trade in the process. As Leona, if I miss a Zenith Blade, I have a few seconds to re-compose myself before jumping back in.
- Wins will still feel as great as they would have with any champ, but losses won't sting as much unless I feel that I personally played poorly.
- Leona is tanky, which means I can constantly stay in range for my abilities in a teamfight, even if I take some harass (which of course is then not hitting my carries).
- Also, I hit my entire team with Locket of the Iron Solari. As Iron Solari Leona. Feels good, man.
- Leona's CC doesn't scale with level so sacrificing myself for the team doesn't feel as bad - once I'm six, I bring the same amount of utility as I will when I'm 18. I'll happily eat a Dark Binding and die to let a damage dealer stay mobile and keep kiting.
- Leona offers a lot for an ADC to take advantage of. Every Sunlight proc in a skirmish is like getting a free piece of candy. Seems silly to say... but you'll know if your ADC doesn't know about Sunlight.
Maybe this means Riot is paying attention to their fanbase a little bit with some pomp...?
Maybe this means.... lore....?
Viktor augments finally getting a 2nd tier like was teased half a year ago...?
RIOT'S REMOVAL OF TEEMO
SPLITPUSHING BEING CONFIRMED AS A BANNABLE OFFENSE
RIOT'S PARADE OF TOPLESS SONAS AND BOTTOMLESS DRAVENS
ALL CONFIRMED BY WENCESLAUS
but no, seriously
glad they're expanding their staff into some player related stuff
oh yea, the actual thread.
Well, this escalated quickly.
Check out the Riot Manifesto - putting player experience first is totally the sugar in my morning coffee.
But back on topic...
After thinking about this a little more, I realized I definitely bandwagon on champs that perform well in competitive play (a la Malphite's rise to dominance midway through Season 2.)
I usually play jungle / ADC / support in solo queue, so Kha'zix / Caitlyn / Lulu are my favorites.
Kha'zix is super versatile as a champion and he ganks well in the early game.
Caitlyn's really self-sufficient as an ADC and I like her range. If I trust my support (if!), Vayne / Sivir are also fun.
And Lulu because she turns people into crazy little egg dragons and/or cats and/or... ferrets?