Alacrity Fails to Provide +15 MS

• I ran the masteries and rune pages in this Ryze guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-scroll-155276

Here are the numbers with Sorcerer's Shoes:

Out of Combat: 416
    In Combat: 409

Sorcerer's Shoes with Alacrity:
    Out of Combat: 429
    In Combat: 423

This doesn't make sense. 409+15 = 424. I can blame that on some in-game rounding but 416 + 15 = 431 and no amount of rounding makes this one go away.

These issues may be due to bugs in the way the masteries and runes work together. For instance, it's also strange to me that with Alacrity, the boost from 3/3 in Wanderer is only 6 ms but it's 7 when the boots are unenchanted. Wanderer is suposed to scale with your ms since it provides 2% increased ms out of combat (which they really should define in an objective way). Thus, I don't see how it could be LESS of a bonus when my movement speed is actually higher. If there is some rounding going on, I'd expect it to go up rather than down. Plus, Alacrity is supposed to be a flat +15 ms so why would the rounding be any different.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by ofart View Post
    I ran the masteries and rune pages in this Ryze guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-scroll-155276

Here are the numbers with Sorcerer's Shoes:

Out of Combat: 416
    In Combat: 409

Sorcerer's Shoes with Alacrity:
    Out of Combat: 429
    In Combat: 423

This doesn't make sense. 409+15 = 424. I can blame that on some in-game rounding but 416 + 15 = 431 and no amount of rounding makes this one go away.

These issues may be due to bugs in the way the masteries and runes work together. For instance, it's also strange to me that with Alacrity, the boost from 3/3 in Wanderer is only 6 ms but it's 7 when the boots are unenchanted. Wanderer is suposed to scale with your ms since it provides 2% increased ms out of combat (which they really should define in an objective way). Thus, I don't see how it could be LESS of a bonus when my movement speed is actually higher. If there is some rounding going on, I'd expect it to go up rather than down. Plus, Alacrity is supposed to be a flat +15 ms so why would the rounding be any different.
    </td></tr></table>
    MS has diminishing returns past 415 movement speed, and then again at 490. This explains why you're seeing an inconsistency.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by doodli View Post
    Woah, that section on the amount of movespeed you get from boots is pretty outdated o_O

EDIT: As is the order penetration is applied and probably some other things too. Dannamoth, could you pass this on to somebody to update that page at some point? I realize that this is pretty low on the priority list, but it could be pretty confusing for new players :x
    </td></tr></table>
    Yea, I'll see what I can do in terms of getting the information updated. This was probably just an oversight while live design was crunching to get season 3 ready.