How long does it take to rework a champion?

• It varies dramatically based on the issues with the champion. A simple rework might be as easy as changing the resource system slightly. Those might be done in a month or two (balance testing is the main implication).

Then in the case of a mechanical upgrade, e.g. Gangplank, it might take twice as long. Thats per major iteration. If you're trying to do a visual rework, then you're taking the time it took to do a Gangplank rework, but also tying it up to an Annie-style rework where you also need to redo her skins - and the designer hookups attached to those.

A particularly tough champion, like Karma, who might have multiple designers taking different approaches, then working to integrate the best part and you're looking at an even longer amount of time.

The bad news is that tough reworks take longer. The good news is, I've been playing with a rough version of Scarizard's Karma and I like her. When we feel she's ready, you'll see her too.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
    Can we call her Scarma?
    </td></tr></table>
    Yes. Yes, you can.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Kord View Post
    What happened to Guinsoo's Karma?
    </td></tr></table>
    Scarizard should comment on exactly what happened. However, Skarma is: BAD. ASS.
  • A wild SCARIZARD appears!

So...in the dark lord's attempt to wrest from the members of Live Design the demonstones (our sacred charge to guard; the acquisition of which would mean an end to the balance of our game as we know it), my greatest secret has been compromised: I am indeed working on the Karma Rework.

You'll hear more than enough from me and others on this project when we're ready to present - the nefarious Soon TM - but for now all i can (and will) say is that for those of you who enjoy playing Karma as a mage and are worried that the playstyle might be jeopardized: You can sleep easy ;D

...aaaaaaand that's all you'll get from me, so don't be upset if i stay tight-lipped. It'll be ready when it's ready, and trust me - you're won't be able to keep me from talking on the forums once she's good to go.

Wild SCARIZARD has fled!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by WateryMind View Post
    OH HELL NO!

*Throws Master Ball*
    </td></tr></table>
    The Live Design Team blocks the Ball! Don't be a thief!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
    The Live Design Team blocks the Ball! Don't be a thief!
    </td></tr></table>
    which is fine anyway¬ówe all know he was just going to hang out in box 20 forever with all the other trophy pokemon, never again to see the light of day.
  • The karma remake is now clocked in at just over a year (http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/02...out-karma.html)

Karma has consistently been both the least played champion and the lowest win rate (disregarding new releases, who've tend to get addressed pretty quickly.) To quote guinsoo

"We're trying to improve her viability as a support while keeping her viable as an AP or hybrid champion. In our opinion Karma is both underplayed and underpowered, not just underplayed."

Here's what makes me curious: Why has she been left in this state for so long? If the remake was going to take a year (And probably even more, considering it hasn't been talked about or hit the PBE in some time) why wasn't she given a few buffs to make her somewhat viable while we wait?

Mainly, this post is put here to ask why karma's been so blatantly ignored. She's consistently had the lowest win rate, the lowest popularity and even riot has admitted that she's UP. Why then has she been left to rot for so long?