Why do so few people play support

• Just curious honestly, I have been playing Taric and Thresh and I am loving them both so far, granted it's not as glamorous as kills I suppose but there is something special about messing with the other team and it's fun to be hard to kill.

Are there other dedicated support players out there?
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Arkhandris View Post
    Just curious honestly, I have been playing Taric and Thresh and I am loving them both so far, granted it's not as glamorous as kills I suppose but there is something special about messing with the other team and it's fun to be hard to kill.

Are there other dedicated support players out there?
    </td></tr></table>
    Not surprisingly, a good amount of Rioters (myself included) "main" supports. I do jungle, but primarily I support.

Pickpocket for mad duckets.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Hackulator View Post
    You know, Rioters always say this, but whenever I have played with a Rioter or watched on stream they have almost never supported. It sounds like the kind of thing you say on the forums to try to make the other contradictory things you guys say about champion select seem less problematic.
    </td></tr></table>
    Part of being a support is being the unsung hero. If you hear songs about us... (?)
  • Support is pretty much my goto role. I enjoy top as well but I will always pick support over top if given the choice.