What are the Demonstones?

• I have seen several threads with rioters mentioning the existence of demonstones, lords, and dark things.

What's all this about, has anyone made one of those easy to read compilation threads on the subject yet? (link please)
  • Beware the coming darkness.
  • I regret posting here now.
  • For the love of all that is holy, please stop talking about this subject where HE can hear.

The fate of the Balance Tower hangs by a thread.
  • When the Dark Lord entered our realm, Zileas himself entrusted to each of the 13 Guardians of the Live Team a demonstone by which we could keep the Wizardlock tame - able to do our bidding by giving pretty good feedback, crafting features, and wearing vests to work.

And tame he is - for now.

I see it in his eyes. As he walks by our desks into meetings or talks to us about balance, there is a....shall we say...'hunger' in his gaze - he is truly a great ally, but the power of the stones we guard daily turns something inside him. The predator has evolved to his surroundings, and i fear before erelong that we shall be but trophies in his next great hunt.

Should the Dark Lord ever manage to wrest control of the demonstones from all 13 Guardians, a rift between the Balance Tower and the Live Realm would form, allowing he and his order of Darkfire Witchlords to churn the landscape into a fierce and fiery Cataclysm - a place for he and his order to call home.

Our sacred charge is to keep that future from ever becoming a reality. And nerf irelia. Because reasons, i guess.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
    When the Dark Lord entered our realm, Zileas himself entrusted to each of the 13 Guardians of the Live Team a demonstone by which we could keep the Wizardlock tame - able to do our bidding by giving pretty good feedback, crafting features, and wearing vests to work.

And tame he is - for now.

I see it in his eyes. As he walks by our desks into meetings or talks to us about balance, there is a....shall we say...'hunger' in his gaze - he is truly a great ally, but the power of the stones we guard daily turns something inside him. The predator has evolved to his surroundings, and i fear before erelong that we shall be but trophies in his next great hunt.

Should the Dark Lord ever manage to wrest control of the demonstones from all 13 Guardians, a rift between the Balance Tower and the Live Realm would form, allowing he and his order of Darkfire Witchlords to churn the landscape into a fierce and fiery Cataclysm - a place for he and his order to call home.

Our sacred charge is to keep that future from ever becoming a reality. And nerf irelia. Because reasons, i guess.
    </td></tr></table>
    You were specifically instructed to never tell of the Demon Stones!

Scarizard, in my office, now!
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Morello View Post
    You were specifically instructed to never tell of the Demon Stones!

Scarizard, in my office, now!
    </td></tr></table>
    Wait so...turn my chair slightly to the right...?

(we literally sit 2 feet apart from one another)
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
    Pffft warlock champ pfffft going to be boring because Riot compensates for boring champs by starting the hype machine.
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Angelaticbirdy View Post
    Xelnath is getting his own Champ!! :O

Epic!!
    </td></tr></table>
    I hate to be that guy, but this isn't some elaborate ironstylus-like spoiler for a champion...It's actually just the internal struggle between the Dark Lord Xelnath and we, the Guardians of the Live Team over a couple of demonstones.

Here we are, defending you guys from a fate most terrible and all you can be excited about is that it might be a spoiler alert? Priorities! :P

Geez, you think you know a community...
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
    I hate to be that guy, but this isn't some elaborate ironstylus-like spoiler for a champion...It's actually just the internal struggle between the Dark Lord Xelnath and we, the Guardians of the Live Team over a couple of demonstones.

Here we are, defending you guys from a fate most terrible and all you can be excited about is that it might be a spoiler alert? Priorities! :P

Geez, you think you know a community...
    </td></tr></table>
    This needs a Justice league / Injustice league set up:

1st Riot member of the Acolytes of the Dark Lord. Let his Presence overwhelm you!

(shotgun Lex Luthor's role)
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Riot Uracan View Post
    This needs a Justice league / Injustice league set up:

1st Riot member of the Acolytes of the Dark Lord. Let his Presence overwhelm you!

(shotgun Lex Luthor's role)
    </td></tr></table>
    You've made a grave mistake, friend - I'll give you one last chance to leave the Wizardlock behind.

When next we meet, i won't be so forgiving.