PBE - Jayce [Update 4: 07/16/2013] - [Delayed till 3.11? 3.12?]

• Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> Point taken. However, I still feel that increasing mana costs only leads to the issue of pigeonholing Jayce into building tear for most players. Or at least, it wouldn't be a very significant impact considering the dominant way of building Jayce. </td></tr></table>
    Given that I've lowered almost every other mana cost on him - it should only be a net increase in Mana Cost if you're spamming Hyper Charge and Thundering Blow!

The vast majority of his combos have been lowered overall - so his mana consumption (assuming an equal reliance on all skills) is down while his spike consumption if focused on some skills should be up.

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> What if, instead of increasing mana costs, you increase the cooldown time? </td></tr></table>
    This could be an option - but 40 mana cost is much too low for Thundering Blow! Ideally, it's probably best to do a mixed solution where the cooldown is much higher earlier and the mana cost is fixed at 80.

At this point, it's looking like internally, there isn't quite enough confidence to ship Jayce with this patch as we probably need some heavy grind on late-game testing (I've been super focused on laning) - so we can go and hammer on it for another week and a half.

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> With the increased slow on TTS aren't you actually increasing the disengage power jayce has with the m:QE combo? With that level of a slow a knockback could probably be much shorter and still provide its job - I would be worried about any hard engage champions being able to get onto Jayce if they are that slowed and hit by E. </td></tr></table>
    Only at rank 6 - which is at level 11 - I'm not sure Jayce's disengage problems kick in that late - they start much much earlier.
  • Since we have to finalize the goals for the patch soon - the Jayce rework won't make it on the docket for the next incoming patch as we're starting to really double down on some testing on this and other reworks. Thanks for everyone whose stopped by and contributed to the post - I'll reopen this to restart testing again on the PBE after we ship the next patch.

Thanks guys!