Originally Posted by Riot (View Original Source)Greetings, Summoners!
Though the 2015 Season just began, we were going to share an exclusive look into the evolution of League of Legends gameplay with the New Ultra Rapid Fire mode, but as you all know, that didn’t quite work out. So with the fire-breathing insanity of U.R.F. mode erupting from the still-smoking corpse of New Ultra Rapid Fire, that means putting the primary focus on one thing: making big plays. Resource costs have been all but disappeared, ensuring you a fast-and-fun path towards full builds and non-stop teamfights along with a whole host of insane buffs to keep the action going strong. What else has changed? Well, healing's taken a hit and shielding's been scaled back to keep defensive strategies from slowing your skirmishes to a crawl. Ryze and Kassadin are also available this time around, which should be a testament to the tough decisions we've had to face in the last year. Mix those in with a slew of champion-specific changes to keep some champions from being too powerful (as well as some changes to make a few go crazy) and you'll experience Ultra Rapidness like you’ve never imagined.
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and dive into the inzanity of Ultra Rapid Fire!
Patrick "Scarizard" Scarborough
Awesome Buff of Awesomely Awesome Buffing
Because we can.Ultra Rapid Fire is all about turning players into play-makers. Resource costs are thrown out the window (or tuned down dramatically), with concepts like 'Cooldowns' and 'Boots' becoming a thing of the past. Spell-slingers aren't the only ones going Ultra - Attack Speed and Critical Strike multipliers take those wimpy 'hyper-carries' and turn them into Basic-Attacking Beasts as Urf intended. We've also boosted gold gains and tenacity to keep things Rapid Fire while dealing Tons of Damage™.
- [REMOVED] MANA & ENERGY COSTS Everything is free.
- HEALTH COSTS Reduced by 50%
- COOLDOWN REDUCTION ON EVERYTHING 80% (Runes, items, masteries and abilities no longer grant cooldown reduction)
- TENACITY 25%
- MOVEMENT SPEED +60
- ATTACK SPEED MULTIPLIER +50% (+100% for ranged champions)
- CRITICAL STRIKES 200% base damage ⇒ 225% base damage
- GOLD GAIN 500% the normal amount on Summoner's Rift
- TONS OF DAMAGE Everything deals tons of damage
- TONS OF HEALTH Everything has tons of healthHeal Embargo
Heals are less effective early-game."And so it was decreed by Urf, the greatest of us, that lane sustain was to be less oppressive." - from Chapter 3 of "Mantras of the Manatees"
- MORELLO'S REVENGE All direct healing effects are 50% less effective at the beginning of the game, increasing by 1% every 30 seconds (Up to 100% effective at 25 minutes)SHIELD OVERLOAD
Many non-ultimate shield scalings are down by 50%. Don't worry, shields are still awesome.Often in U.R.F., having a shield meant making one person invulnerable come late-game due to the shield's cooldown being shorter than the duration. We aren't taking away your ability to perma-shield (because it's super fun and silly), but we're making those shields weaker so that you stand a better chance of breaking through, Ultra Rapid style.
- SHIELD OVERLOAD Non-ultimate shield scaling ratios reduced by 50% (except Udyr and Diana. Because we can.)
- AFFECTED CHAMPIONS The following champions are affected:E - Eye of the Storm scales with 0.7 ⇒ 0.35 ability powerKarma
E - Inspire scales with 0.5 ⇒ 0.25 ability power (Doesn't affect Mantra Bonus: Defiance)Lulu
E - Help, Pix! scales with 0.6 ⇒ 0.3 ability power
LuxW - Prismatic Barrier scales with 0.35 ⇒ 0.175 ability powerMorgana
E - Black Shield scales with 0.7 ⇒ 0.35 ability powerNautilus
W - Titan's Wrath scales with 7/9.5/12/14.5/17% ⇒ 3.5/4.75/6/7.25/8.5% of maximum healthOrianna
E - Command: Protect scales with 0.4 ⇒ 0.2 ability powerRiven
E - Valor scales with 1.0 ⇒ 0.5 bonus attack damageRumble
W - Scrap Shield scales with 0.4 ⇒ 0.2 ability powerShen
W - Feint scales with 0.6 ⇒ 0.3 ability powerSkarner
W - Crystalline Exoskeleton scales with 0.8 ⇒ 0.4 ability powerSona
W - Aria of Perseverance scales with 0.8 ⇒ 0.4 ability power
Smite cools down faster.Last U.R.F., Smite didn't have charges. Now it does. Context!
- CHARGE RATE 75 seconds ⇒ 30 seconds
- COOLDOWN BETWEEN CHARGES 15 seconds ⇒ 10 secondsAatrox
Aatrox is now 100% more Aawesome.In keeping with the League of Legends 2016 Strategic Takeover (wherein every new champion has a Revive Passive) we thought we'd go back and touch-up our existing ones. We tested having Aatrox aactually be immune to death, but really liked the tradeoff between playing such a cool champion and sometimes having to look at his cool revive aanimation, so we just made it aavailable aall the time.
- Passive - Blood Well
- BLOODY Blood Well generation from all sources increased by 100%
- COOLDOWN 225 seconds ⇒ 60 secondsAlistar
Headbutt stuns for less. Unbreakable Will is breakable.In a world with (almost) no cooldowns, some of our abilities start to get a little weird. Headbutt usually leaves you briefly immobilized after you've been knocked back so you can think about your life's decisions. Seeing as U.R.F. is all about action (and less thinking), we remooved it.
- W - Headbutt
- YOU CAN MILK THOSE Stun on Headbutt now ends as soon as the target reaches the end of its movement arc
- R - Unbreakable Will
- DURATION 7 seconds ⇒ 3.5 secondsAnivia
Anivia's Passive is now (almost) always up.
- Passive - Rebirth
- COOLDOWN 240 seconds ⇒ 60 secondsAzir
Fiddling with his passive because the Global buff makes him OP. Capping soldiers to 3 and nerfing the cooldown. Shurima.
- Passive - Shurima's Legacy
- ATTACK SPEED FROM COOLDOWN REDUCTION 1.25% attack speed per 1% CDR ⇒ 0.625% attack speed per 1% CDR
- W - Arise!
- A FEW GOOD MEN Number of active soldiers is capped at 3
- ADJUSTED SOLDIER RECHARGE RATE 2.4/2/2/2/1.8/1.6 seconds ⇒ 4.8/4.4/4/3.6/3.2 secondsBard
- Passive - Traveler's Call
- CHIMES PER UPGRADE 5 ⇒ 3
- MEEP RECHARGE RATE 12 seconds ⇒ 6 secondsBrand
No more Brand permastuns.
- Q - Sear
- STUN DURATION 2 seconds ⇒ 1 secondsEzreal
Lowering Q's cooldown refund.C'mon, We're already giving you 80% CDR. Don't look at me like that.
- Q - Mystic Shot
- COOLDOWN REFUND ON HIT 1 second ⇒ 0.33 secondsHecarim
-helicopter noises-E Cooldown shenanigans. Changing Q to not be cast every second of every game.
- Q - Rampage
- WALK, DON'T RAMPAGE Successive casts no longer reduce the cooldown of Rampage
- E - Devastating Charge
- COOLDOWN Begins on cast ⇒ Begins after the dash is used or when the buff expiresJanna
Q's U.R.F. cooldown is slightly less U.R.F.'d.Giving her opponents some breathing room before leaving them breathless.
- Q - Howling Gale
- ADJUSTED COOLDOWN 2.8/2.6/2.4/2.2/2 seconds ⇒ 5.6/5.2/4.8/4.4/4 secondsKarma
SAE ELEISA TERA VIPassive CDR lowered so she doesn't go bananas with the 80% buff.
- Passive - Gathering Fire
- COOLDOWN REFUND ON SPELL HIT 2 seconds ⇒ 0.5 seconds
- COOLDOWN REFUND ON BASIC ATTACK 1 second ⇒ 0.25 secondsKassadin
Making sure Kassadin doesn't have a free blink every 0.6 seconds.Don't act like you need context. You know why.
- R - Riftwalk
- ADJUSTED COOLDOWN 1.4/1/0.6 seconds ⇒ 3/2/1 seconds
- TOO SOON? Successive casts of Riftwalk no longer increase the mana cost or damage dealtMaokai
Saplings capped at 5. Caplings.Limiting Maokai's saplings was a seed that had been planted in last U.R.F. - now we're finally getting to the root of the issue.
- E - Sapling Toss
- ACTIVATED MY SAP CARD Number of active Saplings capped at 5Master Yi
Alpha Strike's cooldown is changed so he isn't permanently untargetable.honestly more like beta strike am i right
- Q - Alpha Strike
- COOLDOWN Begins on cast ⇒ Begins at the end of Alpha StrikeRek'Sai
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE FURY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つHell hath no fury like a Rek'Sai U.R.F.'d.
- FURIOUS Fury generation from all sources is increased by 100%Renekton
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE FURY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つNobody puts Renekton in a corner.
- ALSO FURIOUS Fury generation from all sources is increased by 100%Ryze
Ryze is actually available this year....but at what cost?!
- Passive - Arcane Mastery
- COOLDOWN REFUND ON CAST 1 second ⇒ 0.2 secondsRumble
We literally couldn't silence Rumble.
- Passive - Junkyard Titan
- CAN'T STOP WON'T STOP Rumble no longer silences himself upon overheatingShen
Changing E's cooldown so you can't dash mid-dash.It sounds way cooler than it was.
- E - Shadow Dash
- COOLDOWN Begins on cast ⇒ Begins at the end of the dashShyvana
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE FURY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つHalf angry, half dragon.
- DRAGON FURIOUS Fury generation from all sources is increased by 100%Skarner
Q cooldown kept reasonable.You're a scorpion, not a lawnmower.
- Q - Crystal Slash
- LESS QQ Basic attacks no longer reduce the cooldown of Crystal SlashShaco
Limiting the number of boxes to 6.If we don't do this, Shaco can clear every single jungle camp as soon as they spawn...while laning.
- W - Jack In The Box
- BOXED IN Number of active Jack-in-the-Boxes capped at 6Sona
Passive damage lowered.When asked for context on the changes, Sona declined to comment.
- Passive - Power Chord
- BASE DAMAGE 13/20/27/35/43/52/62/72/82/92/102/112/122/132/147/162/ 177/192 ⇒ 6.5/10/13.5/17.5/22.5/26/31/35/41/46/51/56/61/66/ 73.5/81/88.5/96Taric
Passive cooldown refund lowered.Still outrageous.
- Passive - Gemcraft
- COOLDOWN REFUND 2 seconds ⇒ 0.5 secondsTeemo
Teemo's R capped at 20. That's not really much of a cap, is it?Listen, here's the deal. Teemo's in this game. I really wish it wasn't true, but some people actually like playing him, so we did the best we could and kept him from placing millions of mushrooms. We'll get through this together.
- R - Noxious Trap
- THERE'S NOT MUSHROOM IN HERE Number of active mushrooms capped at 20Tryndamere
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE FURY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つSeeing as Tryndamere's damage output is tied to his fury, this change was critical.
- BATTLE FURIOUS Fury generation from all sources is increased by 100%Yasuo
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE FLOW ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
- FLOW RIDA Flow generation from all sources is increased by 100%Zac
Zac's passive is now also always up.
- Passive - Cell Division
- COOLDOWN 300 ⇒ 60 secondsZilean
DO YOU LIKE NERFSI'VE GOT A ZILEAN OF 'EM
- Q - Time Bomb
- ADJUSTED COOLDOWN 2/1.9/1.8/1.7/1.6 seconds ⇒ 3.6/3.3/3/2.7/2.4 seconds
- STUN DURATION 1.1/1.2/1.3/1.4/1.5 seconds ⇒ 0.5 seconds at all ranks
- W - Rewind
- ADJUSTED COOLDOWN 3.6/3/2.4/1.8/1.2 ⇒ 8/7/6/5/4 seconds
Finishers are totally a new feature, not bugs added to Ultra Rapid Fire mode during the faulty upload. Available for 250 RP each during the Ultra Rapid Fire test only, Finisher icons enhance your frantic death-dealing by adding fancy animations when you kill your hapless foes. Please note, these icons are permanent but the in-game Finishers are temporary and only trigger during games of Ultra Rapid Fire.
TOTALLY NOT BUGS The following Finisher Icons have been added:
- Orbital Laser
- Spooky UrfThe Thinking Manatee icon
A connoisseur of carnage, Urf is crowned with laurels in this updated take on the classic manatee. Finish a game of Ultra Rapid Fire mode while it's available and you'll be rewarded with the Thinking Manatee icon.
The 99,999 RP Icon
Truly the most elegant, refined expression of one's grandiloquence, The 99,999 RP Icon conveys class, culinary excellence, and a yen for the finer things in life. Wrought in glistening 100K gold, this icon depicts the preferred weapon of the scholar-warrior forever ensconced atop a rotating pillar*.
*Icon does not rotate, nor is it made of actual gold or even bitcoin.Urf Triumphant ward skin
Gussie-up your gank-guarding with a slick new ward skin that revels in the glory of human competition represented by a posturing manatee!
The Gentleman's Bundle - 30% off at 3401 RP (6487 RP if champions needed)
While New Ultra Rapid Fire may have gone up in flames (literally) that's no reason not to fight like gentlemen. Embrace the exquisite finery and excellent haberdashery of these elegant accoutrements with a bundle featuring 30% off the following skins and champions:
- Debonair Jayce
- Debonair Vi
- Debonair Ezreal
- Gragas, Esquire
- Definitely Not Blitzcrank
Icons and wards included:
- Gentleman Poro Ward
- Gentleman Poro Icon
Legendary Gentleman Cho'gath couldn't attend the bundle party, but he's available on his own for 1820 RP (2405 RP if you don't own the champ since you'll have to pick him up, too. Void creatures are notoriously vain that way.)